Friday, March 21, 2014

LynB Designs: Dianthus Redux

Hello there. Today I have to show you a polish I received as a gift for ordering from LynB Designs. It's called Dianthus Redux. I had no clue what it meant so I looked it up. A dianthus is a genus of a flower also known as a carnation. It's not what we know as a traditional carnation. Redux means to return or to reoccur. Put them together...reincarnation? Have I rambled on too long? Maybe? Ok, ok take a look. 


Dianthus Redux is a gorgeous red toned purple jelly with a mix of square and hex purple and white glitters and also a purple shimmer/micro glitter. I used 3 coats over a base coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter A-Peel and topped it off with some G&G HK Girl Fast Drying & Super Shiny Top Coat. The formula of Dianthus Redux was a bit thick and gooey but surprisingly easy and well behaved. It did take slightly longer than usual to dry with my fast dry top coat. 

After wearing that for a day I decided to practice with my stamping so I used my Cheeky Stamping plate CH16 and double stamped the scribble design with both black and silver. 


I totally fudged up the index finger...sigh. I hope with practice I get better. Right now my nails look a hot mess. So I decided to matte them...


Hmmm...not really better. Am I being too critical? Oh well I gotta start somewhere, right? 

CH16

Nothing to disclose***




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, just keep it positive <3